Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chinatown Parade and Festivities


We went to check out the Chinese New Year's parade and the many festivities.  I got stuck behind the the last dragon and couldn't get off the street, funny these turned out to be my best shots of the day.  Later we checked out the Chinese Cultural Plaza, they had a kids dancing exhibition and the Miss Chinatown contestants.  When we got hungry we tried the food booths, I tried the Eastern Food Center's won ton.  Best won ton I ever had, it is just full of whole shrimps, so ono!

3 comments:

SW said...

Cool capture of the parade, festivities and the photogs. Lucky you got stuck in the parade..those were great closeup shots of the dragon..there's one shot that looked like part of the dragon was touching the firecrackers!

jalna said...

Great job, Erick. Too bad I missed it.

Leslie's pics said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Bummers, I didn't even know that was going on! Great pics!