Sunday, February 13, 2011

Honolulu Zoo

I shot the whole day with a 200mm and 1.7 TC, which is like shooting with a 340mm. When the animals were really close I would only get their eyes and nose. For some unknown reason I got a lot of them to looking straight at me. I guess I must look interesting to them too.
























7 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Wow, awesome shots Erick! I love the flamingo one...wait. That was a flamingo right? I almost wrote pelican! ahahhaah!

jalna said...

Hahahaha . . . pelican . . . she sooo funny!! Very nice Erick. So sharp da shots.

SW said...

that is one awesome lens. I don't even like lizards but that pic came out SOOOOO cool! who needs to go Africa..these shots are like they were from Kenya! great job! and great lens!!

Erick said...

I was waiting for the bird to make a heart, but they didn't cooperate so I did it half hearted. That lens is amazingly sharp and heavy like a pelican.

celia said...

So sharp, you can almost feel their fur. Hee hee their eyes are like deer and the head light look. Jellos? Yes!

susie said...

OMG!!! just love them!!! great great shots. my favorite of animals!

Erick said...

Thanks everyone. The animals were very cooperative that day. Next time I'll take a pelican if I can find one.