Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moilili Bon Dance 2011

This is the first time I attended this bon dance. It is in a small area with apartments right across the street, it seems like a large neighborhood party. Very warm, friendly atmosphere. What was also very cool is there were a lot of local celebrities . I saw Kirk Caldwell, former managing director of the City and County of Honolulu, Billie V. local DJ and photographer Amy.



















3 comments:

jalna said...

Hoo hoo, really making the bon dance circuit this year huh!

SW said...

nice work w/ the flash.. it look really dark there.. Hey, you got the lanterns to coe out on the pic w/ the VJ. My lanterns always come out overexposed... very nice.. lucky you found parking to!

Erick said...

Went to almost everyone except the one closest to my house.

Yes, it was very dark, can't take without flash. Because all the light is coming from my flash I shoot low ISO 100 and fairly high shutter 1/200 - 1/250.